Beware of AI Scams
Artificial intelligence (AI) is becoming increasingly sophisticated, and this is being used by scammers in new and innovative ways. AI scams are on the rise, and it’s important to be aware of how they work so you can protect yourself.
One common type of AI scam is the chatbot scam. In this type of scam, a scammer will create a chatbot that looks like it’s from a legitimate company. The chatbot will then contact you and try to get you to provide personal information or financial information.
Another type of AI scam is the deepfake scam. In this type of scam, a scammer will use AI to create a fake video or audio recording of someone you trust. The fake recording will then be used to try to get you to do something, such as send money or provide personal information.
AI scams are becoming more sophisticated all the time, so it’s important to be aware of the risks. Here are some tips to help you protect yourself from AI scams:
- Be wary of any unsolicited contact from someone you don’t know.
- Don’t provide personal information or financial information to anyone you don’t trust.
- Be suspicious of any offer that sounds too good to be true.
- Use a strong password and keep it safe.
- Keep your software up to date.
- Be aware of the latest scams.
If you think you’ve been a victim of an AI scam, you should report it to the appropriate authorities. You can also contact the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) at ftc.gov/complaint.
By being aware of the risks and taking steps to protect yourself, you can help to avoid becoming a victim of an AI scam.